Make a Difference

June 17, 2010
I will never bring about world peace.
I won't singlehandedly save the rain forest.
I am not a brain surgeon, and I will never transplant an organ to save a life.
I don't have the ear of a powerful politician or world power.
I can't end world hunger.
I am not a celebrity, and God knows I am not glamorous!
I am not looked up to by millions around the world.
Very few people even know my name.
I will never win a Nobel prize, or end global warming.
There are a lot of things I will never do or become...

But today, I placed a dog!

It was a small scared bundle of flesh and bones that was dropped off in a shelter by people that didn't care what happened to it, but yet were responsible for it's very existence in the first place.

I found it a home, a FOREVER HOME!

It now has contentment and an abundance of love.
A warm place to sleep and plenty to eat.
Two little boys have a warm and fuzzy new friend who will love them unquestioning, and teach them about responsibility and love.
A wife and mother has a new spirit to nurture and care for.
A husband and father has a companion to sit at his feet at the end of a hard day of work and help him relax and enjoy life.

No, I am not a rocket scientist...but TODAY I made a DIFFERENCE!


~Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment